|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Image of a church with a picket fence and a dormant tree in front.
Information from the book Adelaide Township A History
Bethel Church (Stone Road Church) was built in 1870 on the corner of the east half of Lot 28, Con. 1 NER, on property donated by David Whiting (Egremont Rd/Hwy 22 and Side Rd 27). The first service was held on Christmas Day in 1870. Bethel was on a circuit with Fairview, Shilo and Bethesda (later with Cairngorm and Glen Oak, Glen Oak being later replaced by East Adelaide). The first regular minister was Rev. John Neelands.
Bowley, Mrs. Walter